Vyve Broadband Post-Disaster Consumer Protection Measures
If there is an emergency proclamation issued by the Governor of California or the President of the United States in your area that results in a disruption in service or degradation of the quality of service, Vyve Broadband customers have the following rights under rules of the California Public Utilities Commission for a duration of not less than 12 months from the date of the emergency proclamation or as appropriately determined by the California Office of Emergency Services:
- Waiver of one-time activation fee for establishing remote call forwarding, remote access to call forwarding, call forwarding features and messaging services;
- Waiver of the monthly rate for one month for remote call forwarding, remote access to call forwarding, call forwarding, call forwarding features, and messaging services;
- Waiver of the service charge for installation of service at the temporary or new permanent location of the customer and again when the customer moves back to the premises;
- Waiver of the fee for one jack and associated wiring at the temporary location regardless of whether the customer has an Inside Wire Plan;
- Waiver of the fee for up to five free jacks and associated wiring for Inside Wiring Plan for customer upon their return to their permanent location; and
- Waiver of the fee for one jack and associated wiring for non-Plan customers upon their return to their permanent location.
Know Your Consumer Protections
Español | Pусский |Ta-ga-log | tieng Việt| 한국어 | 繁體中文 | 简体中文。
For more information, please contact Vyve Broadband at 1.855.367.8983.
1 “Disruption” is the (1) loss of dial tone; (2) no connection or otherwise non-functioning service; or (3) circumstances in which the caller cannot make or receive a voice call because the disaster has rendered the service nonfunctional and so, the caller is unable to make a 9-1-1 call.
2 “Degradation” occurs in situations where service is not completely out, but callers still encounter poor service quality, including, but not limited to, static, failure to connect, a fast busy signal, and/or dropped calls, including 9-1-1 calls.